Associate Director Experience Designer
Beyond is looking for an Associate Director Experience Designer to join their office in San Francisco.
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Associate Director Experience Designer
Beyond is looking for an amazing UX Director with a mastery of UX to join our studio in San Francisco, to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands. As a UX Director, you’ll manage and partner with a multidisciplinary team to find elegant but practical, delightful solutions to design challenges.
Above all, you are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals. You will use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities.
What will you be doing?
• Manage product leads, creative technologists and other team members to design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture
• Own the design of intuitive experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, business requirements and user needs
• Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
• Inform product decisions with user insights, letting real people’s needs guide us to the best possible solutions
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to show stakeholders what’s possible before we build
• Ensure delivery of high quality UX and UI across multiple initiatives at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while maintaining alignment of the product team
• Define the overall UX strategy and vision for the user experience across multiple client initiatives
• Define Lean UX and UI processes that produce quality, innovation and rapid time to market
• Design and collaborate on user testing and usability research, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results
• Help grow our product capabilities by sharing your experience and methodologies with the company and product teams
Skills and experience:
• 7+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies
• Experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies
• You keep up to date with developments in the user experience community and wider digital industry
• Mastery in UX with a calling for other areas of the product development process
• You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches
• Driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics
• You have products in the market that you have designed A/B testing strategies for and you have a deep understanding of analysing results to define further tests
• You have a real understanding of the intricacies of using A/B testing software such as Google Analytics and Optimizely
• You have written design stories that narrate product successes with clear and concise language with demonstrable skills
• You have a people-focused design mentality, and are constantly looking to improve your design decisions through user feedback
• You are a champion of Lean UX and Agile, but also willing to learn more and improve processes
• You are confident and comfortable presenting to clients and running client workshops
• You have the ability and empathy to mentor and manage others to deliver great work
• You have an online portfolio that is a testimonial for your work and demonstrates your process, from sketches through iteration to launch and beyond
• You have some front-end coding skills and able to develop a product end-to-end if required
Perks of Working at Beyond:
• A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
• An awesome office space with agile working practices
• Competitive salary, a great health benefits plan matching 401(k)
• Paid parental leave, and loads of other perks
• Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive, fast paced but fun environment
• Inter-office travel opportunities
• 20 days annual leave your first year increasing to 25 days from the second year plus a week off at Christmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday just because we are awesome
Why work with us?
Beyond is at the forefront of its industry. This role will make a difference, providing significant growth potential to the business. There are also offices in New York and Austin, allowing you to work with a wider global technology team as we define and implement technical procedures, tailored to us.
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your resume, portfolio and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team.
Recruitment Agencies – please note that we have an efficient in-house talent acquisition function. Please do not send us any unsolicited resumes and do not contact any Beyonder. Thank you.
Job Application Link: https://bynd.com/careers?office=san-francisco