Assistant Media Planner
Deutsch is looking for an Assistant Media Planner to join their office in New York.
Location: New York / USA
Position: Assistant Media Planner
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for an Assistant Media Planner to join our Media team at Deutsch. The main focus of this position is to assist the planners in creating and monitoring media plans for our financial client. They will also have the opportunity to learn buying terminology and operating procedures as well as develop negotiating skills.
What You’d Do:
• Research consumer viewing, reading habits, internet and brand usage broken down by demographics, region, etc.
• Research media trends and statistics
• Compile competitive reports, analyses and report on media trends and statistics for media plans and presentations
• Manage budget summaries, campaign flowcharts, and billing
• Create insertion orders, digital campaign detailed summaries, and creative rotation templates to contract media and traffic digital creative to vendors
• Monitor current media spending and performance of placed media for accuracy
• Build PowerPoint and Excel templates for presentations, reporting, etc.
• Additionaladministration responsibilities may occur (scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, etc.)
• Responsible for developing a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, print, digital, spot TV, social, and radio
• Participate in learning and training opportunities
What You’ve Got:
• BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
• Internship experience in Media Planning / Buying
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Solid research (quan./qual.) and analytical skills
• Teamplayer skills with great organization skills, ability to work work well under pressure
• Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Office
• Passionate about advertising with a real interest in media
What We’ve got (that you can’t find out on the internet):
• We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
• We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
• We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
• We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Application Link: http://www.deutsch.com/careers/opening/oMDKJ1