ASP.NET MVC Developer
Devotion is looking for an ASP.NET MVC Developer to join their team in Sydney.
Location: Sydney / Australia
Position: ASP.NET MVC Developer
An ASP.NET MVC Developer is responsible for delivering technical solutions as part of the Devotion team. You will work alongside an inspiring team of front- and back-end developers, designers, UX specialists, strategists, and producers, to deliver outstanding digital solutions across a range of Devotion clients.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is a positive, initiative-led attitude. A mantra of “how do we do this better” should underpin every action.
Your essential skills will include:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to discuss complex technical topics in layman’s terms
• Ability to understand clients’ business structures and concepts, project requirements, functional specifications and other documentation
• Ability to work in a “plan first” approach
• Fundamental time management, with a realistic approach to deadlines and time estimations
• Excellent eye for detail
• Up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
• Cooperative in terms of accepting feedback, and able to adapt to changes in technical and administrative best practices, policies and procedures
You will have the following technical skills and experience:
C# / ASP.NET:
• Highly proficient in C# (6.0 or up)
• Ability to write clean, readable and well structured code
• Knowledge of software design patterns and architectural patterns
• Fundamental software design principles, such as SOLID, DRY, KISS
• Writing tests with NUnit / MSTest
• Experience in developing ASP.NET MVC applications (MVC 5), and the Razor templating engine
• Experience in developing RESTful APIs, preferably using ASP.NET Web API (Web API 2) or Nancy. Knowledge of API architecture, design and development
• Experience in working with data serialisation, in data formats such as JSON, XML and CSV
• Dependency injection & inversion of control. Experience with at least 1 IoC container (Unity, Ninject, Castle Windsor)
• Experience in creating reusable libraries
• Experience in integrations with third-party APIs, such as payment gateways
• Experience in writing T-SQL queries
• Knowledge of relational databases, database design and efficient data storage
• Understanding of indexing, performance improvements & optimisations
• Deep understanding of how the web works
• RESTful APIs
• Visual Studio (2017 or newer)
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
• Advanced text editor
• Chrome Developer Tools
• Git source control (on a command line level)
• Continuous integration / continuous deployment servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps)
• Familiarity with a MVVM framework, such as Vue.js
• Experience with an ORM such as Entity Framework
• Understanding of basic SEO concepts, such as URL structure and metadata, and the SEO impact of application performance
Become a Devotee:
Devotion is committed to producing great work – and to enjoying ourselves while we do it. If you’re a talented individual who wants to join a passionate team, send your CV today.
We are hiring immediately with an attractive salary package, dependent on experience, to be offered to the successful candidates.
No recruiters please.
Job Application Link: https://www.devotion.com.au/careers-insights/job-opening/career-asp-net-mvc-developer