Minds On is looking for an Account Manager to join their team in Columbus.
Minds On is unlike any place you’ve ever worked. We care about our employees and strive to create an environment that empowers our employees to make an impact, both professionally and personally. You’ll work with a talented group of passionate and dedicated professionals across multiple disciplines and areas of expertise. And right away, you’ll see the impact of your efforts and work, firsthand.
We are seeking an Account Manager to join the Minds On team. The ideal candidate will have previous digital agency experience and be comfortable managing multiple digitally-driven client accounts in a fast-paced agency environment.
Proactive Client Relationship Builder:
• Develops, maintains and extends client relationships by creating and maintaining a deep understanding of client’s business and goals and can translate those into projects for Minds On. Continually fosters meaningful communication between Minds On and our clients throughout the relationship and oversees day-to-day management of all client account interactions and projects
• Is responsible for growing client accounts — both project base and revenue
• Acts as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts. Manage ongoing correspondence and ensure a positive relationship with assigned accounts
Strategic Thinker and Communicator:
• Delivers proactive, strategic and relationship-based account management by continually providing solutions and ideas to clients, thus resulting in increased, profitable opportunities for Minds On
• Develops client strategies, communicates and provides updates to these strategies as needs dictate
• Keeps informed of client’s industry/segment so as to make applicable and impactful recommendations and suggestions regarding marketing strategy
Client and Internal Team Advocate:
• Strikes an even balance between delivering on client requests and supporting the internal team’s workflow, process and workload
• Serves as the internal resource for team members when client and/or project challenges arise within an account
• Influences and negotiates with clients regarding recommendations made by creative team members and navigates and addresses any concerns or disputes from the client or internal team
• Knowledgable in basic creative and development processes to communicate on behalf of the design and development teams if needed
Represents Minds On at relevant industry, networking and company functions
Detail-Oriented, Driven Manager:
• Works with the Project Manager to manage and oversee projects and associated tasks throughout each engagement/project period
• Develops Project Briefs that accurately capture project goals, specifications and final deliverables. Effectively communicates these specifications to the project management, design and development teams for execution
• Works with Project Manager to initiate and facilitate meetings, brainstorms and teamwork among internal resources to ensure project delivery. Gathers progress reports on all client projects/campaigns and works with Project Management to develop processes to ensure projects are completed on-time and on-budget
• Schedules all client meetings, develops agendas, and debriefs afterward with the client and internal team
• Manage projects using defined project management tools (Monday, Dropbox, Dropbox Paper) and other communication vehicles
• Oversees quality assurance through all aspects of each project. Is responsible for final project quality before project is released to client or to production
Expert Executer of On-scope, On-time and On-budget Projects:
• Manages project scope, ensuring that project components outlined in the proposal are met with quality and integrity
• As projects progress, the Account Manager will monitor scope creep and secure necessary approval from the client and any internal entities before proceeding
• Addresses out-of-scope pricing changes with client, gaining approval before moving projects forward. Keeps client abreast of any events that may impact project timeline or cost. Conversely, responsible for apprising the agency on any events at the client which may be relevant
• Proactively communicates necessary client financial changes and/or impacts to management and financial team. Possess ultimate responsibility for executing client campaigns within agreed upon budgets
• Upon completion of projects, manage the closing process including managing the review (internal) process. Measures client satisfaction and assists internal units with billing/invoicing for services rendered and products delivered
• A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field) from a four-year college or university is a minimum qualification along with 8+ years previous marketing, account management, business development or consulting experience required
• Previous experience at a marketing or digital agency with proven experience managing multiple client accounts simultaneously.
• Past experience and exposure in wrking with project managers, strategy, creative and development teams
• Exceptionally strong presentation and communication skills are critical. Demonstrated ability to communicate with business and department leaders in a variety of industries
• Extremely detail oriented and organized, great listener and translator of inputs from clients
• Possession of excellent writing and communication skills is essential. The position requires a highly motivated and organized individual that is willing to diversify and multi-task. Ability to work on a variety of projects independently or within a team structure. Follow-through and responsiveness is also critically important
• Essential to possess a passion and desire to continuously improve work style and productivity. Demonstrated leadership, organization and planning skills
• Solid skills in a variety of project management softwares (or the willingness to learn and adapt), word processing, spreadsheet management, e-mail, etc.
• Strong B2B marketing, web and technology background a plus
• Comfort in working in a small company atmosphere with a fast pace
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Job Application Link: https://mindson.com/Careers