Major Tom is looking for an Account Director to join their team in Vancouver.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Account Director
What We’re Looking For:
We are on the hunt for an Account Director with 5+ years of professional experience and proven skills in marketing, client service, and leadership. The ideal candidate is a highly organized marketer with a demonstrated ability to manage large, complex marketing engagements, as well as manage a team of account managers. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who enjoys building strong client relationships, and is passionate about digital marketing.
What It’s Like To Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients.
We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day. We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, Cactus Club, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 5 years minimum experience in marketing, agency experience is an asset.
• A strong communicator, with excellent written, verbal and listening skills, who is able to build successful relationships with clients.
• A natural mentor and humble leader who has experience supporting, growing and empowering a team.
• A big picture thinker who builds relationships with clients, understands their business needs and is actively engaged in helping them meet or exceed their goals.
• A critical thinker who is resourceful and willing to adapt and seek the best solution to a challenge.
• Projects confidence, can navigate questions and challenging situations on the spot and can provide solid rationales for recommendations.
• Epitomizes collaboration and has experience working with multiple teams to deliver the best possible marketing solutions
• Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in client/project meetings
• Experience running paid social campaigns
• Experience in digital media planning and buying
• Experience with Google Analytics and reporting through tools such as Data Studio
• Experience in search engine optimization best practices
• High proficiency with Google Suite – particularly Sheets and Slides
• Experience with Email Marketing Campaigns and/ or Marketing Automation is an asset
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Build long-term relationships with key clients as you actively manage their projects to help them achieve their business goals
• Provide leadership and support to your team of account managers
• As a member of our account services team, you will work closely with a variety of people across the agency, including digital strategists, digital analysts, and our creative and website development teams
• You will be a key member of the west leadership team, representing the interests of your team and your clients as Major Tom evolves
• Support business development through organic growth, pitches and presentations and collaboration with our sales team
• Stay up-to-date on current trends and technologies in marketing
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity and for your interest in Major Tom! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Application Link: https://www.majortom.com/careers/#careers-van