Algorithm Conference 2021 will take place on 18-20 February at the JSOM Auditorium, University of Texas at Dallas.
Sponsored by DAN
When:18/02/2021 – 20/02/2021
Algorithm Conference is a 3-day conference that will feature no-pitch, high-level workshops and presentations that demonstrate how algorithms have been shaping and will continue to shape every
aspect of our lives. Special consideration will be given to sessions that highlight innovative technical and commercial developments in big data, artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain technologies, their ethical and privacy implications, and how they impact and are impacted by public policies.
The issues that speakers will address during the plenary sessions of the conference:
• Can AI be sentient and conscious?
• Can AI be capable of understanding?
• Should generative AI be recognized as inventors by patent authorities?
• Should the (US) military continue the development of lethal AI?
• Quantum computing. Hype or are we really making progress?
• How are hackers using the Bitcoin blockchain as part of a malware infrastructure?
Some of those speakers includes the following:
• The first chairperson of Artificial Intelligence for the U.S. Air Force, who is now the US Air
Force’s current Director of Operations.
• A research scientist at Uber AI Labs working on AI safety.
• The director of the Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence, who is also the
author of The Case for Killer Robots: Why America’s Military Needs to Continue
Development of Lethal AI.
• The inventor of DABUS, a generative AI that has made two inventions of its own.
• A patent attorney, who, working with a team of international patent attorneys from around the
world, is trying to get patent authorities, including the US Patent and Trademark Office, to
recognize DABUS as an inventor.
• A former quantum researcher at the University of Maryland Joint Quantum Institute and
Georgia Tech Quantum Optics & Quantum Telecommunications Lab.
Algorithm Conference is organized by Sapphire Ventures which helps entrepreneurs build companies with our demonstrated expertise, value-add services, global reach and entrepreneurial values. Sapphire Ventures’ Portfolio Growth team proactively draws on our experience with 100+ investments and 50+ exits to help portfolio companies overcome obstacles and accelerate growth.
For more info and link to registration, visit the Algorithm Conference website.