A Design Director at Analogfolk plays an integral role in producing best-in-class creative. They are part of a selected few who are responsible for creative output, and who lead by example when producing work which our agency is proud of and our industry peers are envious of.
Working exclusively across a large, international banking brand. Providing high level design direction alongside our Designers, UX and Production team, and reporting into the team’s Creative Director. Coming from a digital agency background you should have a comprehensive history of environments where you’ve been directly and centrally involved in the delivery of high profile work which has been crafted to exceptional standards.
You will be used to being in collaborative surroundings often coming to fast, iterative solutions working alongside other disciplines. You ‘ll also be comfortable articulating your work within the team, often directing others.
Required is a very good understanding of how a single design language is applied across Responsive Web, Native App and other channels. You can also demonstrate previous experience working for known brands across such channels, and are familiar with using complex brand guidelines to good effect.
You will be confident in communicating not just within AnalogFolk but to other agencies who share the same client, and alongside your project teams you may have regular client contact – hence be comfortable and experienced at presenting and communicating your ideas and thoughts.
The role involves becoming a go-to source of expertise and a ‘know-all’ of the brand’s digital standards. You should be comfortable articulating and briefing within our team, often directing others but also be hands-on, producing work of a high standard, always well thought through.
Role requirements include:
• A strong ability to articulate and document design and UI standards.
• Work well with external parties to capture design requirements.
• Collaborate very closely with other AF team members.
• Collaborate with digital clients on a regular basis.
• Show an ability to think strategically as well as purely execution.
• Able to take the initiative, shape and lead your projects.
• Comfortable directing others within a team, communicating your direction articulately with confidence.
• An understanding of technology uses and implementation for products and platforms.
• High level of general design attributes such as typography, use of photography, layout, iconography etc.
• Responsible for maintaining the high level of creative output right through a lifecycle of a project and execute relevant and exceptional design work.
• Be customer centric in your problem solving and thinking at all times.
• Have a good understanding of latest responsive design approaches and best practice.
• Comfortable working closely and often collaboratively with our talented UX and production team.
• Help maintain a best-in- class Style Guide.
• Delegate appropriate task to the right people.