The Awwwards Conference Amsterdam 2016 was held between the 27th and 29th of January in The Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam.
The event, sponsored by Microsoft Edge and Adobe, kicked off on the 27th with a day of workshops where attendees had the opportunity to get practical insights into Sketching, e-Commerce and Designing for Emotion.
The next 2 days saw over 485 guests from top agencies around the world attending inspiring and informative talks by speakers from the likes of: MediaMonks, Financial Times, Adobe, Microsoft, Resn, Huge and Unit9, with topics ranging from: Virtual Reality, The Future of the Web, Responsive Design, eCommerce Tricks, Sketching and Visual Thinking, UX Design, and Web Interfaces for Children.
An exciting highlight of the conference was a live preview of Adobe’s brand new UX design product: Project Comet.
Finally, at the Awwwards Prize Giving Ceremony, the biggest professionals in the digital industry had their effort, talent and innovation recognised by the awarding of trophies for the most unique, innovative and beautiful websites of the last year.
The winners were as follows:
• Site of The Year: Because recollection by 84.Paris
• Agency of The Year: Watsondg
• Independent Designer of the Year: Benjamin Guedj
• Developer Site of the Year: Beagle – Better proposals by Spring Summer
• eCommerce Site of the Year: Nixon.com by Basic
• Experimental / Innovation Site of the Year: In Pieces by Bryan James
• Site of The Year: ‘Users Choice’ Weber – BBQ Cultures by Mediamonks and UncleGrey
The next Awwwards conference is to be held in New York 16-17th June Fi:af Auditorium (Central Park).
For details and tickets: conference.awwwards.com/nyc-2016